This slaw tastes every bit as amazing, bright, and fun as it looks.
Don't let the pineapple throw you. Not for even a second.
What a perfect side dish to any Hawaiian, tropical, or asian inspired meal. And super easy and fast to toss together too!
When mixing this up earlier today, I totally found myself takes bites out of the bowl and looking for reasons to taste test. Over and over again...
Oh. Did I cut my carrots into cute little hearts? Why... yes. Yes, I did!
Am I crazy? Why... yes. Yes, I am!
Seriously though, you can obviously use any sort cut of carrot that tickles your fancy. Chopped, grated, sliced, shaped, etc. I was just in an overly cute and creative mood. Heart shaped carrots make me smile.
Skinny Hawaiian SlawTheSkinnyFork.com
The Skinny:
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 C. Prepared Slaw • Calories: 57.3 • Fat: 2.9 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Protein: 1 g • Sugar: 4.6 g • Sodium: 116.7 mg
Ingredients:2 C. Dry Slaw Mix, Packed
1 C. Carrots, Grated or Chopped
1 C. Pineapple, Diced Fresh or Canned in 100% Juice3 Scallions, Sliced1 Tbsp. Ginger Root, Grated3 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 Lime, Juiced1 Tsp. Sesame Seeds, Black and/or White (I used 1/2 tsp. of each color.)1/8 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
Directions:
Combine slaw mix, carrots, pineapple and scallions in a large bowl and set aside.
Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the slaw veggies. Toss to coat.
Cover and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to eating. This allows the dressing to soak into the veggies a bit.

0 comments: